Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Miscellaneous

What I've learned in the past twelve hours:

I didn't go to bed early enough last night.

I can clean up my child's puke and poo several times in a row without flinching.

I can wash sheets several times in a row without complaining.

I'm sad or hungover for a second day but essentially calmer. Did I mention exhausted?

That even when I thought for a split second that a hot 24-year-old asking for my number was a good idea, it's not-for many reasons. (And I'm sorry, but if every other word out of one's mouth is shit, fuck, or "that's sick"...not interested.)

That white old school high-top Reebok's with yellow laces go with my wardrobe.

The real male friends I have in my life have my back and probably understand me more than I know. And they text back right away. And I just hope they know I appreciate them.

Men don't care about hair colour like I do.

For the first time in a long time, I regretted sharing my writing.

That Gravol, ginger ale, Premium Plus crackers and the remote control can save my life for today.

That bad stuff happens to good people and everyone makes mistakes. So you listen to an ex-boyfriend on the phone for an hour because he needs someone to really listen.

That I talk with more humour than what comes out on a page.

That "that's what she said" will never leave my vocabulary and still cracks me up.

I'm very excited for this Friday night out with friends.

That at this stage of the game, I'm a parent first and that's okay, in fact it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment